If you are interested in leadership, then Policy Council is for you. The Policy Council consists of two types of representatives, parents and community members. Policy Council operates as the voice for the parents who have children currently enrolled in the program. A parent is elected from each class and community representatives are appointed annually. Meetings are held once a month. Training is provided on the roles and responsibilities of being a Council member.
Policy Council responsibilities:
- Approval of all program plans and funding applications
- Assisting with the self-assessment
- Serving as the link to the Parent Committee
- Assisting in the recruitment of Head Start families
- Suggesting ideas for program improvements